Here at Merrimack Family Medicine, we focus on preventive medicine and health maintenance by providing wellness exams, routine and sports physicals, and patient education for patients of all ages. We help our patients share in the responsibility of exercising good health practices for themselves and for their families. If you would like more information about our services, please call our office at (978) 851-4141.
- Routine Adult Physical Exams
- Well Child Exams
- Obstetrical Care/Prenatal Visits
- Department of Transportation Physical Exams
- Same-Day Sick Appointments
- Diet/Weight Counseling and Treatment
- Women’s Health & General GYN (Cervical & Endometrial Biopsies, Colposcopies, Cryogenic Wart Removal, and IUD Insertion & Removal, etc.)
- Chronic Disease Management (Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.)
- Cholesterol/Lipid/Hemoglobin/Microalbumin Testing
- School, Camp and Sports Physicals
- Immunizations & TB Testing
- Trigger Point Injections
- Referrals to Specialty Physicians as Needed
- 24-hour Physician Coverage in Case of Emergency
If you are a new patient to our practice, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. At your first visit, please provide the following information:
- completed patient registration packet
- completed medical history form
- present your insurance card and license
If you are a returning patient, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. At your return visit, our staff will confirm your information to ensure our records are accurate.
Well Child Visits, School Physicals and Annual Appointments
We encourage our patients to plan in advance for routine annual exams, as these can take several weeks to schedule. Please note that most insurance companies allow 1 physical per calendar year for adults. Families with children are encouraged to contact our office in the spring to begin scheduling upcoming school and sports physicals to ensure that children are seen before the start of the school year. Follow-up well child examinations should be scheduled before you leave the office to ensure that your child is seen in the appropriate time frame.
All forms necessary for school, college, camp or sports physicals should be brought in at the time of your physical or child’s physical. In the event that you are not due for a physical and you need the forms completed by the provider, we ask that you allow the office 1 week to complete the forms. If you have not been seen within the past 6 months, we will ask that you schedule an appointment to have these forms completed to allow your provider to determine the state of your health.
We are proud to be affiliated with Lowell General Hospital. All hospital-based services are performed at Lowell General Hospital. If you would like more information about our services, please call our office at (978) 851-4141.
Lowell General Hospital conveniently offers the following outpatient services within our building:
- Laboratory Services
- X-ray Services
- Ultrasound Services