Thank you for choosing Merrimack Family Medicine to provide prenatal services to you. Your pregnancy is a very important time and we are committed to making sure you begin on a healthy start. This packet is to introduce you to our practice and hopefully answer some of your questions.
Our Family Physicians Dr. Raymond H. Lewis Jr., Dr. Emelyn Molato, Dr. Frank Osborn, and Family Nurse Practitioner, Barbara Clifford understand that your pregnancy is the beginning of a new extension to your family and are readily available to guide you on this exciting journey. Early and regular prenatal care sets the foundation for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Prenatal visits are scheduled monthly for the first part of your pregnancy, bi-weekly starting at 28 weeks, and weekly from 36 weeks until delivery.
We are affiliated with the Lowell General Hospital (LGH). The Birthplace at Lowell General Hospital offers expectant families everything they are looking for in a childbirth experience: highly specialized, maternity care with the comfort and personal attention of a community hospital. Through its affiliation with Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center, The Birthplace has some of the best obstetricians in the area including Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist available for diagnostic testing and consultation for high risk pregnancies. We also staff 24/7 neonatology coverage for those infants that require a higher level care. With comfortable, home-like rooms and highly personalized nursing care, The Birthplace offers a nurturing experience like no other.
The Birthplace provides:
- Highly specialized prenatal care, including a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist (perinatologist) and genetics counseling for women with high risk pregnancies.
- Around-the-clock neonatologists for babies born prematurely or sick and needing a higher level of care in the Level II Special Care Nursery.
- Highly trained and experienced physicians and Registered Nurses.
- An experienced anesthesiology team available 24/7.
- Pediatric specialists on-site 24/7.
- Certified lactation consultants, breastfeeding classes and support available to every new mom.
- A full range of childbirth education and parenting programs, including hypnobirthing, sibling preparation, prenatal yoga and a New Moms support group.
Please remember that day or night, one of our doctors is on-call and can be reached by calling our office at 978-851-4141.
After your delivery, our physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants can continue providing full pediatric care for your child.
This is an exciting time and we look forward to caring for you and your family. Congratulations!
- Maternal/Fetal Medicine Program
- The Birthplace at Lowell General Hospital, Birthing Classes
- Breast Feeding
- American Association of Poison Control Centers